The South East Regional Cancer Program oversees the quality and delivery of cancer services for the residents of Hastings, Prince Edward, Lennox and Addington, Frontenac, Leeds and Grenville Counties, Kingston, Belleville, Brockville, Smiths Falls, Prescott, and parts of Lanark and Northumberland Counties.
More information on how Regional Cancer Programs are structured, as well as information on all 13 regions, is available on the Regional Cancer Program page.
A snapshot of cancer trends in the South East Regional Cancer Program is summarized in the Cancer System Quality Index (CSQI) 2015 report for South East LHIN.
Many hospitals and labs provide screening mammograms through the Ontario Breast Screening Program. To find the screening sites closest to you and find out how to make an appointment, visit Ontario Breast Screening Program Appointment and Locations.
About the Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario
The Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario located at Kingston General Hospital is an outpatient facility that provides chemotherapy, radiation therapy, palliative care, pediatric systemic therapy, gynecological oncology, surgical oncology clinics and minor procedures. It also offers supportive care such as counseling by social workers and dietitians.
Each year, more than 8,500 cancer patients use the services of the centre, including close to 2,500 new patients. The Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario is a satellite site of the Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario, the multidisciplinary collaborative representing the programs in Ontario that treat children with cancer.
Cancer Care Ontario Regional Vice President, South East Regional Cancer Program
As Regional Vice President, Brenda Carter has a strong vision for building the Regional Cancer Program in Southeastern Ontario, creating an outstanding system of care for patients, families, providers and partners. Brenda is also Vice President, Cancer Services and Diagnostic Imaging for Kingston General Hospital.
Her career as a health care leader spans 27 years, the last 24 of which have been in the cancer care field in Newfoundland and Ontario. Ms. Carter has an undergraduate Business degree from Memorial University of Newfoundland, a Master of Health Science from the University of Toronto, and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Western Ontario’s Ivey School of Business.
- Dr. Tara Baetz
Systemic Treatment Program
- Dr. Sandy Boag
- Dr. Jay Engel
- Dr. Conrad Falkson
Radiation Treatment Program
- Rana Fowler
Psychosocial Oncology & Patient Education
- Dr. Julie Frances
Colposcopy & Cervical
- Dr. Lawrence Hookey
- Dr. Doris Jabs
- Dr. Natalie Kondor
- Dr. Hugh Langley
- Dr. Annette McCallum
- Brenda Carter, Regional Vice President, SERCP - Chair
- Mike Bell, Program Operational Director, SERCP
- Katherine Stansfield, VP and CNO, Quinte Health Care
- Joanne Billing, Senior Director, Client Services, SE CCAC
- Cathy Cassidy-Gifford, Chief Nursing Officer, Brockville General Hospital
- Dr. Lawrence Hookey, Regional Lead, GI Endoscopy
- Dr. Annette McCallum, Regional Lead, Imaging
- Dr. Hugh Langley, Regional Lead, Primary Care
- Dr. Jay Engel, Regional Lead, Surgical Oncology
- Dr. Sandy Boag, Regional Lead, Pathology
- Dr. Natalie Kendor, Regional Lead, Palliative Care
- Rana Fowler, Regional Lead, Psychosocial Oncology & Patient Education
- Marla Rosen, Patient Experience Advisor, KGH
- Olga Nikolajev, South East LHIN
- M. McDonald
- H. Gray